Tonic Studios Festive Friends - A bevvy of beautiful baubles ...

Another quick post catching up on all the Christmas projects I should have probably shared before Christmas! Getting through them quickly before 12th night arrives ...


Although the photos do not show it, this is a multi layered shaker card and I'll try my best to explain how and why. The why was simple, I wanted to use the snowflake die but did not want to place it inside the shaker ... I know, would have been easier if I probably did ...



I began by die cutting the base shapes out of the Craft Perfect card and very carefully/lightly drew around the aperture on the white card blank. Next taking the snowflake, I placed this over the areas I wanted it to appear, sticking it directly to the card base. To 'capture' the snowflake, I used acetate, raising it with 1mm 3D foam. This creates a shadow/layered effect. The gold card layer was then added over all of the latter.


I stamped the bauble images on to white card with clear ink, embossed with gold and using the matching dies, cut out the baubles. I added all the shaker fillings carefully on to the acetate layer, added the shaker blisters, (capturing all the goodies), and then stuck down the stamped & embossed 
baubles.
 

The baubles were finished with co-ordinating coloured ribbon and twine. I haven't added a sentiment to the card - looking at it now, maybe I should have as it looks a little bare - because I added 'Happy Christmas' die cuts to the shaker parts. Uuummm, still undecided on the sentiment ... what do you think?

Somehow I think today will be all about the Tonic Christmas cards I forgot to share as didn't realise how many I had missed ... whoops!

Lou
x x x

Products & links: