Joy to the World ... Polkadoodles styleeeeeee ...

It's inspiration week over at Polkadoodles Challenge and the theme is, as always, "Anything Goes".

Polkadoodle Challenge

Nikky and the DT have been talking about Christmas and although I struggle to make Christmas cards before November (lol), I thought I'd try and get in to the early Christmas spirit being inspired by the wonderful projects I've seen using the Regal Peacock stamp soup set. I became so inspired, I ended up making three snowflake cards ...



All my cards have also been inspired by the Elegant Nest dies (from Polkadoodles) and I have used said dies in each make. Here's a close up of my first card ...


I stamped out my design with clear ink and embossed with Nuvo silver detail embossing powder (not yet released). Next with Picked Raspberry distress ink, I coloured the snowflake and cut out using the Elegant Nest dies. Before removing from the die, I added some shading to the edges. The matt was created by joining 2 die cuts together cut from mirri card,


I then made an oval shape to match/sized my topper and cut this on my scan & cut to create the card base. As a finishing touch, I stamped the sentiment and added some silver snowflakes.

For my second card, I created the snowflake as above but this time I coloured the snowflake with Tumbled Glass distress ink. Again using the elegant nest largest die, I created my topper. Next I created a card blank using the Ribbon Gift Frame die collection.


As an extra layer, I cut another Ribbon Gift Frame in mirri card but trimmed away the edging this time. Again I added some more silver snowflakes as an embellishment.


My final card has the snowflake design starting from the bottom, (for a change), embossed in silver but coloured with Shaded Lilac distress ink. Again I have used the Elegant Nest dies but created a circle background from an oval shaped die ...



Again the same sentiment and silver snowflake embellishments. The extra little hearts on all my Christmas cards are from the waste when cutting the Elegant Nest die and just fit the design perfectly.


Thoroughly enjoyed making my trio of cards and loved how pretty they turned out. Gonna try this again but want to do a more inky background first and then add the snowflake ... ummm maybe colour with bleach this time .... oh ideas, ideas, ideas ...

Lou
x x x


Products and links:



Challenges I would like to share my cards in:
Christmas cards all year - anything goes
Cards Galore Encore - anything goes
Die Cut Divas - Christmas in July
Love to craft - anything goes
Card for Galz - Christmas or winter
Crafting with attitude - anything goes
Through the purple haze - anything goes

Comments

Claire said…
Oooh pretty! Beautiful colours for these Lou and really clever use of the stamps and dies too
Claire xx
Absolutely stunning. Love this idea xxx
Unknown said…
Beautiful cards Lou. I love the way you have used the Distress Inks- I think the lilac is my favourite. Cathy x
Donna Ellis said…
Gorgeously done, Lou! Beautiful colors, wonderful shading, and that fantastically elegant silver EP makes these one of a kind snowflakes! So glad I got to see your masterpiece showcased at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge. Thanks for joining in with your lovely artwork. Hope to see more of your pretty creations in our future challenge themes! Please check back to see if you have won a badge. Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!
Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}
Tammy said…
WOW these are gorgeous!! I love the soft colors and the stunning silver embossing! Thanks so much for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz!
Tammy x
Monica Maier said…
These cards are absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing them with us for the Die Cut Diva's Christmas in July challenge!
WOW! Your colors and embossing are FABULOUS! So gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Galz! - Chris, DT
Bev said…
Gorgeous and so shiny!!!!!